September 2016-December 2016 (Current)
"The ideal Visual Merchandiser is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about fashion and art and is committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for partnering with the Visual Merchandising Manager and in-store merchants to achieve strategic company objectives and visual merchandising consistency.
- Be knowledgeable in all visual merchandising strategies and current trends to help sell product in the store and support company sales goals.
- Provide support to merchandising, signing, and implementing visual merchandising direction at the highest level.
- Partner with department managers to uphold, teach, and maintain all visual standards.
- Be an ambassador of the brand at the store level.
- Ensure an understanding of visual merchandising directives as they pertain to all departments and the customer.
- Provide support to merchandising, signing and implementation of visual merchandising direction at the highest level, with the ability to customize as appropriate to your store.
- Ensure timely installation and demonstrate the ability to properly install and remove trim/window presentations and store promotional events in a timely manner, including the ability to pack, unpack and prep all props.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail with regard to design and composition.
- Support successful execution of the in store lighting program through proper installation, removal and adjustment of lighting, including promotional, general store and visual enhancement lighting.
- Complete all inventory tasks and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all visual safety programs and protocols are followed, including shop and visual space organization. "
I ultimately loved this job, and was blessed to learn so much in a position. I shadowed knowledgeable hard-working people. I've grown to be more detail-oriented. My expertise has grown to include team support. I was given the task of starting the team out on the holiday trim for the 2016 holiday season. For most days in this position, I was preparing Christmas trim with ornaments and lights. I also was able to style windows, as well as in-store displays and mannequins. Truly a rewarding and inspiring job.