March 2014- November 2014
"This position contributes to Vintage Grocer's success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with guiding principles.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Vintage Grocer
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the optimal environment during each shift
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer
- Discovers and responds to customer needs
- Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
his position really taught me the importance of grace under pressure. We had daily morning, lunch, and evening rushes. I was consecutively a top performer for my team, with a lot of good customer reviews and positive feedback. There even came a point in the position when customers would request for me to make them drinks specifically. I was also met with the importance of being detail-oriented, as it could be very dangerous for an elderly customer to receive a regular latte rather than a decaf latte, or for a customer allergic to celery have their juice pressed in a machine that previously pressed celery. All of these little details were super important to keep in mind to keep customers both happy and safe.