February 2015-May 2015 - Marketing Intern
June 2015- August 2015 - Marketing Assistant
"Chinese Laundry is an expression of outstanding quality and value with a unique, inspired point of view. Chinese Laundry consistently provides a mix of styles and trends that are ideal for today’s fashion landscape. For its remarkable ability to deliver on lifestyle and lead with trend, Chinese Laundry has attracted the attention of fashion savvy women everywhere.
MARKETING INTERN Responsibilities:
- Daily blogging, use Polyvore to create fashion boards
- Contributing to other social media efforts including but not limited to facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram
- Working with editors and stylists, assist with choosing the shoes for a photo shoot or fashion show
- Checking in/out shoe samples that arrive from stylist
- Shipping shoe samples to magazines fashion stylists
- Assisting with events i.e. store openings, celebrity appearances at department stores, trade shows etc..
MARKETING ASSITANT Responsibilities:
- Assembles consumer rating reports by compiling, consolidating, formatting, and summarizing information, graphs, and presentations
- Prepare social media trend reports for team and make educated recommendations for moving forward with future social campaigns
- Updates competitor database by inputting data from field sales; compiling, consolidating, formatting, and summarizing information, graphs, and presentations; distributing reports
- Supports sales presentations by assembling slide shows, demonstration and product capability booklets; compiling account and competitor analyses
- Prepares mailers and brochures by formatting content and graphics; arranging printing and internet packages
- Maintains marketing library by checking and replenishing inventory
- Provides marketing tracking and research information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Prepare and send trade show materials to corresponding trade shows (done for Magic, Transit, FFANY, and Platform.)
- Plan and prepare all materials for product shoots, including planning the day's food, ensuring all product that needs to be shot is accounted for, including product prototypes
- Plan, prep and set up all company employee reward days, including birthday and holiday celebrations
In this position, I definitely learned that in social media there are no days off, which I rather enjoyed. I liked being able to relate and communicate with customers on their own terms. I also introduced the marketing team to Polyvore, including creating a presentation on why they should begin using it as an aspect of their social media marketing, because it allows purchasing direct from the platform, so customers can essentially see a set with a shoe in it, and buy that shoe directly from the set. That was probably the most rewarding aspect of this position, was seeing something I introduced, implemented. I also enjoyed the creativity allowed in the position with planning company events. I loved creating relationships with all of the employees through the events. I also learned the importance of taking criticism well, and dealing with conflict head on.