PEPPERDINE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DIVISION
May 2013- May 2015
"Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the Office Assistant is responsible for maintaining the office, taking program registration and performing office functions. This staff also serves as the primary source of information for walk-in and phone participants. This is a demanding, high-volume position with an emphasis on participant service and satisfaction. The Office Assistant also carries out numerous support functions for the Pepperdine Business Administration Division.
- Assist program participants regularly, on the phone and in person, with all Business Administration Division degree and program inquiries. Make referrals to appropriate areas as necessary. Be knowledgeable of all Business Administration and University programs
- Responsible for the function and operation of the Campus Recreation office and Service Desk.
- Responsible for all cash handling functions including registration for all program areas.
- Verify user eligibility and provide data entry
- Responsible for discretion and organization of all Business Administration Division students records, inquiries, and class information
- Compile class wait lists, and inform and assist students of the waitlist process
- Provide general office assistance (word processing, filing, mailings, etc.).
- Complete daily assigned special projects including reports, phone calling, mailing files and other important daily tasks
- Provide positive public relations, program promotion, and policy education to participants
- Respond to, and follow, all emergency procedures.
- Prepare for and attend division meetings, workshops and retreats as well as any other Business Administration Division events
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for staff and participants.
- Adhere to all departmental policies and procedures
My job with the Pepperdine Business Administration Division office taught me a lot. It taught me about office dynamics, professionalism and managing conflict amongst adults. I would also say that this job helped me learn about customer service. I acted as the face of the Division, when people come into the office, because I was the first person any visitors would come in contact with, including students, faculty, incoming families, and the many other guests we've had in office. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the team of people in the office, as they were supportive and we all held good rapport and had respect for one another. This position was a joy to have, and allowed me to work while attending school. This allowed me to manage some of the costs of school, while getting my education. This position required a lot of flexibility and trustworthiness, especially around the end of the semester, as my position also acted as a test-proctor, and supervisor. Altogether, the position was very rewarding.